University College London
UG: COURSE OVERALL
UG: COURSE CONTENT
UG: TEACHING ON COURSE
UG: ASSESSMENTS & EXAMS
UG: CAMPUS FACILITIES
UG: ACCOMMODATION & TRANSPORT
V good course! lots of help. Prestigious university. A C
Loading Updated Data...
About this University
UCL was founded in 1826 to open up university education in England to those who had been excluded from it. In 1878, it became the first university in England to admit women students on equal terms with men.
Academic excellence and conducting research that addresses real-world problems inform our ethos to this day and our plans for the future. Learn more about our 20-year strategy, UCL 2034.
- UCL has the best academic to student ratio in the UK (1:10), enabling small class sizes and outstanding individual support.
- UCL is one of the top two universities in the UK for the number of professors, which means that our students are taught by the most highly qualified experts in their field.
- UCL provides an environment that encourages students to be ambitious yet idealistic.
Discover what makes a UCL education distinctive.
- UCL is the top-rated university in the UK for research strength.
- UCL has the greatest number of prestigious Doctoral Training Centres.
- UCL attracts the third highest number of academic citations per faculty member in the UK showing the high esteem and relevance of the institution's research.
- All of UCL’s research, subject to permissions, is placed in Discovery - UCL’s online repository, available to everyone.
Find out more about our research.
Local and global impact
- Research conducted at UCL has profound benefits for society and the wider world. See examples of UCL research impact.
- UCL uses its expansive expertise to support start-ups and foster local businesses. To date it has helped strengthen more than 1,000 small businesses in London. Visit the UCL Enterprise website to see how we are helping to drive the global economy forward.