The University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Use web-form: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/enquiries/
UG: COURSE OVERALL
UG: COURSE CONTENT
UG: TEACHING ON COURSE
UG: ASSESSMENTS & EXAMS
UG: CAMPUS FACILITIES
UG: ACCOMMODATION & TRANSPORT
Ratings Submitted Charlie W
Loading Updated Data...
Newcastle upon Tyne
About this University
Our mission is to:
- be a world-class research-intensive University
- deliver teaching and facilitate learning of the highest quality
- play a leading role in the economic, social and cultural development of the North East of England
Download Vision 2021- A World-Class Civic University to find out more about the University's values and vision.
Vision and Values
Our vision is of Newcastle as a civic university with a global reputation for academic excellence.
At Newcastle University, we have always focused on academic excellence and the impact of our academic work. Today, these long-held ideals are more relevant than ever. They define our vision for the University – the kind of university we wish to be.
This vision is supported by a strategic plan, articulated in Vision 2021- A World-Class Civic University. This sets out the objectives we aim to achieve by 2021. It outlines the core principles andvalues that guide how we will work together as a University towards these goals.
Teaching and Learning and the Student Experience
Our teaching and learning philosophy is based on the concept of education for life. By this we mean:
- providing knowledge and understanding which will last a lifetime
- providing knowledge and experience relevant to life and the world around us
We aim to deliver teaching of the highest quality and to provide an environment within which effective learning can take place as part of an enjoyable and formative student experience. Students at Newcastle have access to:
- research-informed teaching and learning, delivered in a professional, challenging and engaging way
- course and extra-curricular provision which ensures that our graduates are well equipped for further training, research or workforce needs
- opportunities for personal and professional development
- programmes which meet relevant accreditation and quality standards, as well as agreed specifications
- a culture of independent learning, critical thinking and enterprise
Students are at the centre of the learning experience, and their feedback lies at the heart of our future strategy.
In addition to an excellent education, informed by leading-edge research, we provide a wide variety of enterprise and volunteering activities, student societies and an active presence in recreational and competitive sport. Our ncl+ programme and our active Students' Union are key to this.
We conduct an active programme of raising aspirations and widening participation.